Accidental Drain Damage
There are a myriad of reasons why drains are damaged accidentally.
Some typical reasons are:
• Fencing posts driven through the pipe.
• Directional boring by utility companies ploughing through the pipe.
• Building extensions and other developments over a drain run.
• Vehicles constantly parked over a shallow drain run.
• Householders (or contractors) allowing concrete washings to go down the drain.
• Over enthusiastic rodding of a blocked drain.
• Planting of trees and shrubs over a drain run.
In reality, minor damage to drainage pipework may not cause blockages, or lead to any other problems. Many defects found by CCTV inspections will have been in place for years, and will not need “emergency repairs”. If you suspect that damage has occurred, we can put a camera through the pipes and provide a written and visual report.
(c) 2018 Insitu Technical Services Ltd - York and North Yorkshire Drainage Services. All rights reserved. Web Design by CactusPod